In the year 2019, the ICT4D was able to contribute 4 journal articles; 1 book chapter, 4 conference papers. Two master thesis works were also completed. Works of the ICT4D team are identified by an asterisk(*).
1. *Alli, A. A., & Alam, M. M. (2019). Secoff-fciot: Machine learning based secure offloading in fog-cloud of things for smart city applications. Internet of Things, 7 , 100070.
2. *Kasadha, J., Alli, Adam. A.,*Basuuta, Aisha, K., & Mpoza, (2019). Social Media Taxation and its impact on Africa’s economic growth. Journal of Public Affairs. [e2004] DOI:10.1002/pa.2004
3. *Kasadha, J., Zhang, N., Mpoza, A., & *Alli, Adam. A., (2019). The 2020 U.S. Presidential Elections: A litmus test. Journal of Public Affairs. [e1994] doi:10.1002/pa.1994
4. *Kasadha, J. (2019). Does Social Media Matter in Developing Democracies? Examining its Impact on Citizens Political Participation and Expression in Uganda. Journal of Public Affairs, [e1981]. doi:10.1002/pa.1981
1. Nambobi Mutwalibi, *Alli Adam. A., Khan Md Shahadat Hossain (2018). Big data: Prospects and applications in the technical and vocational education and training sector. In A.-S. K. P. Mohiuddin Ahmed (Ed.), Data analytics: concepts, techniques and applications (pp. 297–315). Boca Raton: New York: CRC Press volume 1. (1st ed.).
Conferences attended and Papers Presented
1. *Alli Adam, A. & *Kasadha, J. (2019). Rethinking Local Governance in the Africa’s Developing democracies: A Big Data Perspective for East Africa. Presented at The World Association for Public Opinion Research (WAPOR), Toronto, Canada, May 19-21, 2019.
2. *Kasadha, J. (2019). Does Social Media Matter in Developing Democracies? Examining its Impact on Citizen Political Participation and Expression in Uganda. Presented at The World Association for Public Opinion Research (WAPOR), Toronto, Canada, May 19-21, 2019.
3. *Kasadha, J. (2019). The role of ICTs in Community Building and Reconciliation in post conflict Northern Uganda: A case of #Let’sTalkUganda”. Presented at The International Association for Media and Communication Research (IAMCR) Madrid, Spain, July 7-11, 2019
4. Aldi Cahya Muhammad, K., Habibul, Kabir & *Adam, A. Alli (2019). Machine learning model for improving single flash geothermal energy production: A case of Indonesia. Presented at The 7th Indonesia International Geothermal Convention & Exhibition (IIGCE), Jarkata, Indonesia, August 13-15, 2019.
1. Ateben, A. (2019). Title (Unpublished Msc thesis). Islamic University of Technology, Gazipur City, Bangladesh.
2. Mugigayi, F. (2019). Integrating ICT in Engineering Education: Teacher’s Knowledge Perspective (Unpublished Msc thesis). Islamic University of Technology, Gazipur City, Bangladesh.